Filing a Legal Separation in Georgia
Divorce in Georgia » Filing a Legal Separation in Georgia
Legal separation is an alternative of divorce for people who can not bear to stay together and want to part ways from each other as soon as possible. Filing a legal separation in Georgia is a tough job and the couple needs to go to the court to recognize their separation in front of the judge. Although it is easier than taking a divorce, the problems related to it are all the same. People decide to separate their ways from each other when the situations become out of control and no other solution is left to the problem. Legally separating from each other brings a lot of emotional and mental turmoil and it becomes difficult to handle the situations for the two. Also, their children also suffer because of them and start thinking that they are the reason behind their parents' broken marriage.
Basically a legal separation is a legal document that is signed by both the partners and which contains all the issues like the child custody, property issues and the living arrangements they have made. Some of the couples take legal advice before taking such a big decision of taking a divorce. A lot of expectations and emotions are attached with a wedding and all those come to an end with the end of it. People keep on having hopes of things getting better but efforts of bringing things in order should be from both the sides. Things cannot change until and unless both of them want to stay together and sought out things. Women and children find it difficult to adjust after the end of a relationship and specially those who were dependent on their husbands for everything.
There are some essential requirements for filing a legal separation in Georgia. Some of them are listed below:
- If the person is moving out of the house, he should make sure that his name is removed from all the documents of lease and property so that later on no legal problems occur. This is done so that the person is not held responsible in case his spouse does not pay the rent.
- Mails should be forwarded to the new post box office so that no future problems occur later on.
- All the addresses and phone numbers should be kept safe in case you need them in future and all the accounts should be removed for which you don't want to be responsible. It becomes difficult to separate all the things from one self specially when those things are close to your heart and the life you shared with your spouse.
- All the joint accounts should be free-zed so that no account activity can be done by other partner and no financial problems occur.
- Copies of all the income tax papers for at least six years should be kept so that they won't be held responsible for any tax purpose in future.
The separation should be made legal by filing all the papers and signing the agreements on time. It should be kept in mind that the right information is filled in all the papers and the correct reason for divorce is given. The procedure for filing a legal separation in Georgia is same as filing a divorce and both the things are legally connected only that filing a legal separation is easier than taking a divorce. The couple should try to sort out things between themselves and not take the issue to the court because the cases are time taking and their effects leave a huge impact on the minds of the people.
Only people who have a valid marriage certificate can apply for a legal separation in Georgia. These papers are filed so as to get rid of all the sufferings that were there because of the relationship. The couple should make sure that the legal formalities are filled in an authentic way so that the couple can easily get through the relationship. Children should be taken care of and they are the responsibility of the parents until they become mature and are able to earn a living for themselves. All the things should be in a proper order and child custody should be decided in a way that it is in best interest of the child and he enjoys a secure future. Filing a legal separation in Georgia can help people to separate ways from each other, end a relationship that was always causing problems and sufferings. Any help regarding filing a legal separation can be accessed by clicking on respective links given on this page.